What is credit scoring?
Credit scoring is not an exact science, different lenders have different
systems. Generally, lenders will look for the following:
- Stability of residence : the longer you have been at the same
address the better
- Marital Status : Lenders tend to look more favourably on married
- Accommodation : Many lenders prefer to lend to homeowners. When
assessing tenants, they may prefer tenants in unfurnished property
- Employment : again lenders look for stability of employment. If you
are self employed, they may prefer to see evidence of accounts prepared by a
- Previous or existing credit arrangements : Lenders may like to see
that you have kept up with repayments on previous credit agreements.
- Secured or Unsecured : A loan secured on your home is more likely to
be accepted by the lender, especially for people with bad credit problems
Different lenders may take some or all of these questions into account when
deciding whether to accept your loan application.
Back to the Loans FAQ index
Access denied for user 'admloans'@'localhost' (using password: YES)